Liquid borax - stabilizing agent for glues starch base
Borakem N are a source of boron for starch based adhesives used in the cardboard industry
Starch based adhesives are most commonly used in the process of manufacturing corrugated board.
Borax (boron salt = sodium tetraborate) is widely used to increase the viscosity and the cohesiveness of the starch adhesives, allowing a cost saving by reducing the total amount of starch used.
Borakem N are non-toxic liquid alternative which eliminates the risk of exposure to toxic substances in the workplace:
• Boron in water based suspensions: these products are often classified as being as
dangerous as Borax
• Borakem N are the transparent liquid products, developed to guarantee optimum effectiveness
thanks to the lower dose required. The product
is not classified as dangerous and is safe for handling and use.
Borakem N advantages:
• No risk of dust inhalation
• Product designed to be pumped automatically into the reactor gives easier and more accurate dosing
Borakem N technical benefit:
• Non-toxic products
• No caking risk = no toxic waste
• High boron content enhances adhesive properties